But it has not escaped my notice that the borough is in some kind of political meltdown, not without a reaction by its hapless residents.
1. The council's crazy plan to let out some of its public parks for private hire has so far provoked a big public meeting and a petition, with more to follow, I'm sure.
- To contact the campaign around Victoria Park in Finchley email: SayNoToVictoriaParkEvents@gmail.com
- To sign the petition around Lyttelton Playing Fields, Barnet click here.
- To sign the petition to keep Barnet FC at Underhill click here.
- To sign the petition on Barnet Council's website calling on them to reverse this year's parking charge increases click here.
UPDATE: The council say no, apparently, to the request for a special meeting. The Labour Group will persist and try to get some movement in January, but the shopkeepers of Barnet were hoping for parking charges to be suspended over the Christmas period to help make up for the lousy year they have been having. (I hope the voters of Barnet, especially those normally inclined to vote Conservative, keep all of this in mind in elections to come.)