Thursday 2 July 2009

Moving with the times

Today is hot and I have to look after a cantankerous older person and plough through the Future Shape report, so I need a laugh.

I have recently discovered this thing called YouTube. (Apparently, it's been around some time, and has some intellectual property issues, but never mind about that now...) I've been happy to discover all sorts of interesting things on there - actually, you name it, they've got it. Somali pop music, Uncle Peter, Count Arthur Strong, Detroit Techno, Mansour Osanloo and the Vahed busworkers (my current all-time political hero, not a rock band)... everything that tickles my fancy, they've got.

It's probaby highly politically incorrect, but here is Count Arthur Strong, unusually motivated by some ethical considerations, plugging Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's Chicken Out! campaign, and here is his memory man.

No comments: