Friday 11 November 2011

The Friday joke... is on me

Q. What's the best dressed woman in Burnt Oak wearing?
A. Pyjamas.

That's a bit rude to women in Burnt Oak, isn't it? But I meant me today. I nipped up to the post office - which has recently crossed the road, there's a joke, a real one, in there somewhere - and halfway realised that I hadn't got out of my pyjamas yet, just flung an old coat on on top. Still, it's dark in the evenings now and I don't think anyone noticed.

Much less cared.

5 comments:

David Duff said...

Dare one ask what the Postmaster looks like? Bit dishy, is he? Did you cry, "Oh, Baby, frank my stamps!"

I only ask because our local butcher is young, dark and handsome and it takes my wife what seems like three hours to buy a couple of chops!

Citizen Barnet said...

No offence, but if you will wear those long johns around the house...

David Duff said...

Ouch!

Mr Mustard said...

Your wife only tells you she is shopping for chops. It's a sausage she is after.

Rog T said...

Which reminds me of when I was up at the hammers in mill hill many years ago and the Police attended a fracas. One of the attending officers was a WPC, who was greeted by one of the locals with "get your chops around my sausage sarge". sadly he received her truncheon in his meatballs, which rather dampened his adour, to the general hilarity of the rest of the pub. Not that such enlightened tactics are allowed by the met these days