Monday 4 October 2010

Tali's Israel blog

A friend/fellow campaigner from Barnet, Tali Janner-Klausner, is spending a couple of months in Israel before she goes to university, and has started a blog about her experiences. Tali was born in Jerusalem and was moved to the UK when she was eight.

The title of the blog - "Tali's back in the nuthouse" - comes from a comment made by a fellow passenger as their plane touched down in Israel!

I grew up in an Israelophile household and worked on a kibbutz for a few months before I went to university. I had some of the best and worst experiences of my life in Israel, but at that age you will have some of the best and worst experiences of your life wherever you are! At least it was always warm!

Some more of my friends are visiting Israel around November. Like me, they are convinced "two-staters", but, as for myself, I have to say I begin to despair that two states is possible. However, one thing we can say about Israel/Palestine: it will always be warm.

No comments: